Case Study Material
A Guide to a Successful Symposium
- The case discussion session is the heart of the Ethics Symposium. Small group interactions form the basis of ethical dialogue.
- Reading each of the 12 cases beforehand is necessary.
- The purpose of discussing the cases is to understand the process whereby one arrives at an ethically responsible decision. You will find that the cases do not have a simple right-wrong answer by design.
- The discussion leaders are facilitators. The emphasis will be upon student participation with the sharing of different views and the exploration of the ethical issue.
- Three ethical codes are provided for your use. Please refer to them and practice using them in your thinking and discussion.