We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time the College Ethics Symposium decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to the College Ethics Symposium, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of this website, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
2. Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
3. How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
4. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
5. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
1. Information We Collect – It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
In addition, the College Ethics Symposium may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
2. Why We Collect Information and For How Long – We are collecting your data for several reasons:
· To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
· To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
3. Use of Information Collected – The College Ethics Symposium may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. The College Ethics Symposium may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Disclosure of Information
College Ethics Symposium may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
· as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
· in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
· in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
· as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
· to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
· as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
· as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of the College Ethics Symposium.
Non-Marketing Purposes – The College Ethics Symposium greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in College Ethics Symposium products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13 – College Ethics Symposium’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
4. Unsubscribe or Opt-Out – All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to . If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. College Ethics Symposium will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
5. Security – The College Ethics Symposium takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Only College Ethics Symposium team members who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: 843-338-1383
COPPA Compliance Disclosure: